Calling 1JZ wiring gurus!

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I have swapped a non vvti 1jz into an s13 hatch. I have done everything. Now it wont start. It cranks and has spark. It will sputter and jump around but if you call it 'running' it last for like 0.5 seconds. I have a brand new igniter and i have all sensors, map and tps and o2. Everything is powered on the ecu (ie. +B, +B1, IGSW, BATT) I have nsw grounded and sta to 12v when cranking. The injectors are powered via the 2 thick black w/orange striped wires. I have 12 on both sides of the injector clip which doesnt seem right to me, as now its backfeeding 12v into ecu at #10, #20, #30. I have the 4 row ecu. if anyone has an ecu i can use to test in Fraser Valley i can pay to get it out here. All comments are welcome. This car is so close to starting its going to be something dumb. I just want to find it at this point. 

Thanks in advance. 

Posted · Report post

So i hooked up a noid light and i have injector pulse, i have spark and air. It runs on starting fluid. What could be my issue?

Posted · Report post

Sounds like you've isolated it to fuel delivery.  Sorry for stating the obvious but you should probably concentrate on that. Have you confirmed you are getting fuel to the rail?

Posted · Report post

It sure was! Bad fuel pressure regulator! ISR replaced it and now its running. not good but its alive! It dies and doesnt freely rev, i think its due to bad tps.